Thursday, August 27, 2009

Advice for the day.




No time is a good time to run after eating a big bowl of home-made gumbo. Even if you think you gave yourself plenty of time to digest, and even if you were feeling fine before you started. It *may make you tummy feel a little peculiar.



That's just some free advice. I really wanted to go out tonight as it's the first night in a while that wasn't crazy hot and humid. Nice cool late summer night! I had a little pain in my leg. I think I overdid it in the gym yesterday. I half-read something in one of the magazines I've been getting since I registered for the marathon.(It's some deal with Active.com. I get Men's Health and Runners World) The basic idea was that since your leg muscles are so large in comparison to all your other muscles, and since they burn calories, you should spend lots of time on them. (Again, I half read it. The last line could have been "ha! just kidding!" and I would never know. I just pick up little tidbits. They really should have the Flash passing this info along and call them Flash Facts! I'd read and remember every word. I'm trying though, or at least my version of trying.

Add 6 to the total, and we're at 45 with lots of Flash Facts to go. I'm going to start stepping things up soon.







* by "may", I mean "will".

No comments:

Post a Comment