Monday, August 31, 2009

Fancy Running Socks.

I ran a 10K on Saturday and another on Monday. It took about an hour each time. I'm signed up to run a couple of these in the next few months, and to be honest, I had no idea how far that was. I've never had a real great grasp of "measures". Distance, volume, weight, whatever- I just have no idea. If you get directions from me and I say "go about a mile", I'm really just guessing.

It was a piece of cake though. The weather has gotten much cooler, which always makes it easier. One of the things I like about using the Nike+ is that you can tell it how far you want to run, and it gives you the total as you're going.

I also got some of these nifty runnin' socks from the Nike store. They're all padded and made from some space-age fabric that was found stuck to the bottom of a meteorite that crashed outside Tulsa in the mid-1800s and jump started the Industrial Revolution. (OK, I'm just guessing on this, but I ran on Saturday during some pretty heavy rain, and my feet never felt wet. Space Age! (Plus they are labeled, so it takes the right foot/left foot decision out of my hands, which has saved me hours!)

Miles... Kilometers... I'm confused about my total.

No comments:

Post a Comment