Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nike- ?


Just got back from the gym. The treadmill said I ran 6.6 miles, the Nike+ said I ran 6.05 miles. So I'm gonna go ahead and go by what the treadmill said and let Nike+ make a liar outta me.
I don't know if I didn't calibrate it correctly, if the treadmill was wrong, if my "unconventional" running style is mucking up the mechanism, or what! In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter, but I do wish I could get some accurate info.
Last year I used a little garmin GPS that I got from saving up all those little codes on the bottom of coke bottle caps, (Everyone said I was crazy to save all those caps and enter all those tiny little codes! Well who's laughing now? Bwaaaa Haaa Haaaaa!) and it worked pretty well, but I'm not sure if that was all that accurate either, and that couldn't play music.
Don't fret IPod, I still love you and think that your Nike+ add on is just about the coolest gadget going around!
Add tonight's 6.5 , another 6.5 I did on Sunday, and my existing total, we have a grand total of
17 miles down, lots and lots of miles still to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment