Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hot... so hot




Been taking it a little easy the past few. The heat is really getting to me. I did about 4 miles the other day, and today I did 4 and then another 2 later. I read something in Runners World about splitting your workout. I'm not sure what the benefit is supposed to be, I didn't read it very closely or take notes or anything, but I figured I'd give it a shot.
I didn't really like it. I ran as far as I've been running, but the break made it feel like I didn't go very far. It wasn't as satisfying.

I'm also running funny because I went away for a few days. (Up to Lake George with my brother and his family. While playing in the water with my super adorable niece and nephew, I remembered to sunblock my front, neglected to sunblock my back. I look like a nicely seared bit of tuna. Ouch! I have really fair and sensitive skin anyway. I go outside this time of year, I pretty much just burst into flames like a vampire.

Anyway, I'm really just trying to get a little bit done was preperation for serious training. I also have a 10K in september and another in october. Lots to do!

27 miles to go, ooodles of miles left to go. Hey, 27! That's more than a marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment