Saturday, August 15, 2009

So who's doing what now?


I'm running the Walt Disney World Marathon on January 10th 2010. This will be the second time I've done it, and the second time in a row.

I finished last year, but was a little disappointed in my final time. I blame it on the following factors:

My shoes were not broken in, so my feet were killing me by the time I got to mile 13.

I had spent three days prior to the race walking around Disney World with my family, so I wasn't well rested.

I ate 5 burritos at mile 3. (OK, this one isn't true)

I started off way too fast, and couldn't keep the pace I had been setting.

And lets face it, anyone that has ever seen me can tell that I'm not a natural athlete. (Unless you were thinking of competitive eating, I think you could believe I did that)

But never mind this noise! I'm doing the race again! I'm going to do better! I'm going to win! (Note: I'm not going to win) But this is going to be the Rocky II of marathons! No draw this time around, I'm knocking Apollo Creed out!


I'm not sure this blog will be interesting to anyone but me, I'm not even sure this blog will be interesting to me, but I thought it would be nice to have some kind of record of the process. The training, the prep, the deciding on what outfit to wear for the race, the whole enchilada!!

(2nd mention of Mexican food. Must go to Green Cactus...)

I'm not going to start really training hard until at least September, but when I do, I'm going to follow the Nike+ training plan, and post all my goals and runs!

Check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment